Medsien is a leading provider of Chronic Care Management services to practices across the United States. We are a healthcare SaaS company experiencing rapid growth and looking to expand our team. Our Chronic Care Management solutions are in high demand due to the changing nature of healthcare delivery and the shift towards value based care.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you’ll work closely with senior leadership and lead all of our engineering teams, both in the US and globally. We're looking for a candidate who is passionate about building new applications from the ground up and who will join a growing team in developing the products that enable providers to provide high quality services to their patients.
- Implement and document new software apps and components.
- Understand how code fits into broader technical and/or business context.
- Actively participate in code review and technical design reviews.
- Lead medium to large projects. Full ownership of system/component from development to production.
- Research new technologies and prototype new ideas.
- Ensure high testability and quality of delivered software.
- Work with the Operations team to troubleshoot and fix defects in software.
- Participate in building Scrum processes and agile culture within the company.
- Mentor a team of software engineers.
Qualifications / Desired Skills
- 5+ years of Full-stack enterprise Software Engineering experience and 3+ years of leading engineering teams.
- Having worked in a dynamic, agile environment with minimal supervision
- Experience with Python/Django, Ruby on Rails or similar web development frameworks
- UNIX/Linux is in your wheelhouse and you are currently utilizing your scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Extreme problem solving skills
- Superb communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, or a related field of study.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Flexible vacation and PTO policies
- Fully remote work opportunities
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership